Friday, July 2, 2010

50BC10 #7: Persepolis

The Story of a Childhood (Persepolis, #1) The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I have an aversion to hype borne out of my own ego, I suppose (if I'm really honest), but also experience. Here is one instance where the book lived up to the hype and the pages of my copy are tear-stained to prove it. The graphic novel format does not keep Satrapi's experience at arm's length, but rather magnifies the inexplicability of life through the eyes of a child. An absolutely amazing book and one everyone should read, especially if you are clueless about the events in Iran in the 20th century.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this last summer and loved it. I also love that you have three separate blogs for your varied interests! Maybe I should do the same instead of being all over the place on my one blog!