Friday, July 8, 2022

2022 #11 The Sisters (McTiernan) - Cormac Reilly #.5

 

The Sisters (Cormac Reilly, #0.5)The Sisters by Dervla McTiernan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As a prequel, this really doesn't do much, if only because it has nothing to do with Cormac Reilly, but instead gives us a short story about Carrie Ryan's beginnings. I found it not long enough to care about either of the sisters-- Aifric OR Carrie-- and the "case" wasn't quite riveting enough to match the energy of The Ruin. I'm just now working my way through the series, so I'm hoping my time spent with "The Sisters" will pay off down the road as Carrie plays a bigger role, but this really felt a bit more like fanfic in the context of the series. Will update this review if I feel there is a payoff later in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments: